Monday, February 11, 2013

4 DPO: Step Away from the Thermometer!

Temping keeps me sane and drives me crazy all at once. I love being able to for sure know when I ovulated, but at the same time, I am guilty of overanalyzing every temp and pattern during the 2WW. Every. Single. 2WW. I'm the crazy girl who does chart overlays on Fertility Friend starting at like 8 DPO to compare my charts to those that resulted in a pregnancy. I'm the crazy girl who thinks, Oh, my temperature went up on CD 12, when usually it goes down. This must mean something GOOD! Yeah, right. 

Needless to say, I made myself stop temping today. I temped just long enough to confirm ovulation, and last night I put my thermometer in the drawer of my nightstand. I'm done with it this cycle... and of course hoping I'm done with it for good and won't need it for a "next" cycle.

I'm not really sure how I'm feeling this cycle, honestly. I'm not near as hopeful as I was last cycle. Although, this is probably a good thing. The less hopeful I am now, the less let down I will feel later if this cycle is unsuccessful.

I did realize the other day that if this cycle works, we will have seen the heartbeat by Easter, and we will actually be able to tell my parents in person (they live about 700 miles away from us). I know thinking ahead like this is quite dangerous in terms of my emotions, but sometimes it's nice to think about the "What ifs...." 

So, in light of that, here are my thoughts on "What if this cycle actually works?":
  • As mentioned, we can tell my parents in person on Easter, which is something I've always wanted to do.
  • I would be due on October 31st - hello Halloween baby!
  • Timing would be great for maternity leave because my time off would lead right up to Christmas break. (Assuming I don't go into labor super early, ya know, because of my half-uterus and all.
It's kind of weird that I can think more logically about these things now, all the while keeping myself from being too overly optimistic, but I'm glad for this new-found ability. 


2 comments: