Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CD 14: Another RE Appointment

Well, today was an interesting appointment. Monitoring wise, everything looks great, and I should ovulate any day now. (Yay!) What made it a little strange, though, was toward the end of the appointment my RE mentioned that my last visit to my lady doctor was last January... so... he went ahead and did a pap smear right then and there! Uhm, definitely wasn't prepared for that one! At least it's done and out of the way, though. And that's one less co-pay out of my pocket!

I also found out that J apparently has super sperm. I don't really remember all of the numbers, honestly. I think my RE said he had 194 million total count and 76% motility... something like that. He even went so far as to say that his counts were so good he would be a great candidate for a sperm donor. Uh, great, so maybe he can knock someone else up since it isn't working out so well with me? I don't think so. That's not at all what my RE was trying to say, but my mind definitely went there anyway. 

As for what's next, my RE wants me to do 6 successful rounds of clomid (successful in that I actually have a strong ovulation). He said that if I'm not pregnant after the 6 rounds, then I will likely have laparoscopic surgery... which I would really like to avoid. So, if this cycle doesn't work out, I will have 4 more cycles of clomid. I was thinking he would probably only want me to do one more and then move on to IUI, but I am kind of glad he isn't going that route, because I think our chances are actually pretty good to conceive naturally now that I am actually having strong ovulations and knowing how excellent J's sperm count is. In fact, today when we talked about my last cycle being a BFN, my RE said, "Well, not many people actually get pregnant their first time ovulating." That really made me change my mindset a bit and realize that last cycle was really our first true chance of getting pregnant. In a way, that makes me feel a bit better about everything. 

One last tidbit... on my way to the RE this morning, "Don't You Worry Child" came on the radio. I hadn't really ever paid attention to the lyrics before, but I did today and part of them seemed so fitting:

My Father said,
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See Heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."

I really feel like that song came on the radio right at that moment just for me to hear those exact words. I can't wait to see God's plan for me.



3 comments:

  1. Yay for a good appointment and super sperm!! Are you triggering? Sounds like we are pretty much cycle buddies this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No, I'm not triggering. I guess since the clomid is working on it's own I don't need it? I'm not really sure how the trigger works or when it's needed because my RE hasn't brought it up as of yet. Hopefully we will both have awesome news at the end of this cycle!!

      Delete
    2. For me the trigger helps me ovulate stronger since my LH surge is kind of weak. It also helps with timing bc it forces you to ovulate within 24-48 hours for sure. FX for you!!'

      Delete