Saturday, June 22, 2013

Laparoscopy Complete!

Based on my post title, I obviously didn't get pregnant naturally this last cycle. I was definitely bummed, but having the laparoscopy kind of made me feel we were doing something else to help us get pregnant. Basically, everything looked pretty good overall. I had two uterine polyps, so my RE performed a polypectomy. He also removed my right tube and uterine remnant (where the other half of my uterus didn't form correctly - hence the unicornuate uterus).

The surgery wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. When they took me back I started crying... I think because I was just nervous and kind of scared. I had a bit of nausea yesterday, which unfortunately made me throw up twice, but I'm fine today. The only annoying things right now are a sore throat from the breathing tube and the intense pain in my belly button. It especially hurts when I try to get up from sitting down. I'm not taking any pain medication other than tylenol because I know it makes me sick. Hopefully the pain will start to go away soon. Here are a few internal pics from the surgery...

Uterine remnant being removed

Uterine remnant being removed

After uterine remnant was removed

Two polyps that were removed

After the polyps were removed

I was so thankful that both my parents and husband were with me for my surgery. It was nice to spend some time with my parents especially since I don't see them very often (they live in Ohio). I made my dad a belated birthday meal: fish tacos, corn on the cob, and butterfinger cheesecake for dessert. (Cheesecake and butterfingers are his favorites!) While they were here my dad also put some new lights around our back patio, and I LOVE them! 

Best cheesecake I've ever eaten

View of lights from side of patio

View of lights from the front of the patio


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your surgery was a success. It seems like the pain in my stomach lasted for a few days but I didn't have the extra procedures done like you did. I've read you have an increased chance of getting pregnant like 2 months after a lap/hsg so maybe this will work for you :) That cheesecake looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm already starting to feel much better today! I realllllly am hopeful that removing the polyps will help us out!

      Delete