Tuesday, January 1, 2013

CD 7: 2013 Will Be Our Year

J and I just got back from a lovely, much needed trip to the Smokies.  We stayed in an adorable cabin in the mountains with the pups.  We really enjoyed ourselves, and I appreciated the opportunity to get my mind off our infertility issues, even if just for a few days.  The highlights of the trip included exploring the Titanic museum, eating breakfast at the Pancake Pantry (absolutely delicious), and walking the strip in downtown Gatlinburg.


Of course, we also rang in the new year while we were there... by acting like the old married couple we are and grabbing dinner at a nice restaurant, watching This is 40 at the movie theater (highly recommend), and heading back to the cabin to drink some booze and lounge around until midnight.  Well, that definitely just reiterated how ridiculously boring we are!


Anyway, with the new year comes New Year's Resolutions.  I have a few of my own to share... all beginning this Friday when I rejoin Weight Watchers for about the millionth time. Maybe I'll actually keep them this year!  Really, I'm hoping they will give me something else to obsess about instead of infertility.

My 2013 New Year's Resolutions
1) No more soda. None. Nada. Zip... shouldn't be too hard since I don't drink it that frequently, anyway.
2) Follow the Weight Watchers points system consistently.  No cheating allowed.
3) Exercise at least 4 times per week.  Preferably in the morning.  Not holding my breath on that last part.
4) Do my best to remain happy and optimistic no matter our circumstances.  I can only hope that 2013 will be our best year yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment