Thursday, July 25, 2013

CD 2: Injects Here We Come

The meds in the picture above cost over $1,000. Thankfully, my insurance covers 50%, and THEN there was a $500 off coupon at the pharmacy I used, so my OOP cost was only $85. However, this is only 5 days worth of Bravelle and a trigger shot, so if I need more Bravelle, it will be about $50 per vial, and I'm starting out with two vials a day. That could add up really, really fast. Please pray I respond well to the five days worth and don't need any more!

Everything went well at my baseline appointment today. My nurse counted about 20 follicles total (10 per ovary), and she was pleased with that! I start the injections on Saturday, and will do them every day through Wednesday. I go back for my first monitoring appointment next Thursday at 8:00 AM. I am praying A LOT for quick growth and a few good follicles on my left ovary, specifically.

Oh, and I found out my results from AMH testing that I asked to have done... mine is a 4.2, which my nurse said was fantastic and above average. In doing some of my own research, though, a level higher than 3.0 can be indicative of PCOS (which I already know I have). Either way, it looks like I don't need to worry about my ovarian reserve!!

I'll probably update again on Saturday after I do my first injection. Yikes! So nervous!!!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so excited for you!!! Thank goodness for your insurance and the coupon you had. I'm praying so hard that this is it for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! I am very thankful for the monetary assistance! Ha! You prayers are so, so very appreciated!

      Delete