Monday, July 8, 2013

So... I Got Really Brave...

and decided to get a tattoo today! I have been thinking about it for awhile now. It's definitely not something that is typical of me, but I just wanted something related to the journey we are on. I love it because it reminds me to never give up hope. It's based on the verse Hebrews 6:19, which says, "We have this hope [that God will keep His promises] as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." In verses 13-15 it is talking about God's promise to Abraham to bless him with many children. In verse 15 it says,  "And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised."

Anyway, I came across this verse today and it just seemed right, so I went for it! I figured if I waited I would change my mind. It definitely hurt. If I'm being honest, it probably hurt more than I thought it was going to, but I love the end result! I'm proud of myself that I didn't cry until my best friend that came with me started talking about what an incredible story this would be to tell my future children. So, yes, I cried, but it was from the emotional pain, not physical. I also got brave for another reason, which is that I posted the picture of the tattoo on Instagram and Facebook with #infertilitysucks. So, it's definitely out in the open now (although, not like, in your face...).

One of my friends (not a close friend) even sent me the sweetest message telling me that I had been on her heart lately, and she wasn't sure why, but she had been praying for me. Yeah, talk about waterworks! Definitely made me cry!

And don't worry, I wouldn't do a post like this without the pictures for proof!






6 comments: