Monday, March 11, 2013

March Blogging Challenge - Day 11

I survived baby shower #2! Was it difficult? Yes, but again, not as hard as I thought it'd be. For that I'm thankful. In fact, I found myself feeling truly happy for the mother-to-be. It brought me hope; if she's beat infertility, I can, too.


On to today's blog challenge: the last book I read. I was excited for today's topic because I absolutely love reading. Especially because it's a great way to get my mind off of our struggles with infertility. I read all the time and usually finish each book I read in a day or two. I like all kinds of books, especially those that are impossible to put down until I finish them. Click HERE to see a list of some of my recently read books.

Yesterday I finished the book Matched by Ally Condie. It's the first book of a trilogy, and has a similar vibe to Hunger Games and Divergent (both of which I definitely recommend!). It's about a 17-year-old girl, Cassia, living in a utopia, although there are signs that it's not quite as perfect as The Society makes it out to be. Once the girls in The Society turn 17, they attend a matching ceremony in which each girl is matched with their future spouse based on statistics. It's supposed to be a flawless system, but when Cassia views her microcard from The Society to learn more about her match, a second picture of a different match appears after the first one goes away. She is left with several huge decisions - which match does she choose? I won't spoil it for you! :)

It's truly a great book, especially if you liked the other two series I mentioned. I'm currently reading the second book in the series now, called Crossed. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment