Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Blogging Challenge - Day 9


Today's topic is all about what's on my life list or bucket list. This probably makes me sound completely unambitious, but I don't really have a whole lot on the list. Maybe it's because lately I've tried to remind myself to be thankful for all I've already done, seen, and been blessed with... because truly, it's a lot! So, I'm going to start with that.

I'm thankful for...

  • An amazing husband who loves me unconditionally, despite all my flaws.
  • Having successfully completed undergrad and graduate school.
  • A job that allows me to put my degrees into practice every day. Teaching is hard on a daily basis, but I do love it.
  • Having a teaching job at a school that is literally 5 minutes away from my RE's office. On a whim, I applied to one of the best schools in the state toward the end of last school year and found out I got the job about 10 minutes after I had left my interview. God is so good, and clearly knew exactly what was in store for my life. Had I continued working at my old school, I would have had to take time off every time I needed an ultrasound or blood drawn, leaving less days for my maternity leave. Honestly, this is another reason I remain faithful that being a mother is in my future.
  • Owning a nice home that perfectly meets our needs.
  • A family who supports everything I do.
  • My few close friends who I can talk to when the need arises.

With that said, what all do I still want to accomplish? There are three main things, I think, that stick out above the rest...

1) Obviously, I want to be a mother. I want to hold my child in my arms and know what that feels like. I want to see my husband in the role of a father to a baby that we created together in love.

2) I want to be a healthy weight. The whole Weight Watchers things hasn't gone well this time around. I'm not motivated. A weird part of me feels like by devoting time to losing weight, I'm giving up on my dream of having a child. I know this is irrational and untrue, but in my mind it makes sense. Why get skinny now, when getting pregnant will erase that for a time being? To me, it's like saying, go ahead and try now because a pregnancy isn't going to happen. One day, though, I will be a healthy weight.

3) I want to visit every continent. Other than North America, I've been to Europe (Spain), Asia (Japan), and Africa (Morocco). That leaves Australia, South America, and Antarctica. Of those, I most want to visit Australia, and I least want to visit Antarctica. I hate the cold!  

No comments:

Post a Comment