Friday, March 8, 2013

March Blogging Challenge - Day 8

Like I promised, I found a challenge! This one has different topics to write about for each day of March. I'm not going to go back and do the ones I missed, and I can't guarantee I'll continue to the end of March. (More than likely I will just keep it up until either CD1 or a BFP.) Lord, please let it be the latter!

Here's the challenge:
So, since today is March 8th, I'll be writing about my biggest pet peeve! (As a side note, is it just me who wonders where sayings like this came from? Pet peeve??)

Man, do I have to just choose one?! Yikes... I have several. Therefore, I'm going to make a list of my top ten pet peeves, starting with the one I find least annoying and leading up to the one that really drives me absolutely crazy!

My Top Ten Pet Peeves

10. People who chew loudly when eating and/or bite the fork when taking a bite. I seriously despise that sound. It makes me cringe!

9. People who are constantly using their cell phones at inappropriate times... ya know, while paying for your food at Chick-Fil-A, in the middle of dinner, etc.

8. Grocery store baggers who apparently don't notice that I took the time to arrange my groceries on the conveyer belt based on type. Cans together, frozen stuff together, refrigerated stuff together. You get the gist. Is it really that difficult?

7. Shoppers that are oblivious to everything and everyone around them. Personally, I try to always be conscious of those around me, making to sure I'm not in anyone's way. Seriously, old lady, how long do you need to stand there and debate about what kind of cheese you need to buy?! 

6. People who refuse to put their dogs not on leash. Case in point... this one time I was going for a run with one of our dogs, Lilly, (who was most definitely on a leash), when someone decided to let his dog out the front door without a leash. Said dog of course ran across the street to us, causing Lilly to jump up and pull toward the dog, knocking me straight to the ground. That guy definitely got an earful from me, especially when he didn't even bother to ask if I was alright!

5. People who are late... even more so when they don't even let you know they won't make it on time!

4. People who use bad grammar/spelling. This includes mixing up homonyms like you're/your and their/there/they're. I mean come on people, as an adult, you should know the difference between these words!

3. People who can't drive. UGH! You know just who I am talking about. This category includes the people who drive 50 MPH in the fast lane and refuse to get over, the people who don't use their turn signal so you know you can go ahead and turn, and the people who cut you off and then slam on their brakes. 

2. People who smoke in front of others. Actually, if I'm being honest, smokers in general annoy me. It's disgusting, and I don't want to have to smell it.

... Drum roll please...

1. People who can't take care of their kids! Are you surprised? Just the other day when I was at car pool, a parent had her kindergartener get in the front seat of her mini-van. Seriously? 

And there you have it! Clearly I need to de-stress a bit, ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment